Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Let's Go Fly a Kite: Bird For Bread Studios

This post has been long overdue. I've been following Amanda Hoffmann's blog Birdforbread.com for a very long time, and I have loved all of her jewelry designs.

Maybe it's the fact that I recently went to see Broadway Across America's MARY POPPINS, but I've been yearning to go out and fly a kite. It's just that kind of weather. I used to fly kites all the time as a kid. When I was a tween, my bedroom was decorated with an octopus kite that started on one wall and whose tentacles canopied the ceiling and spanned the four walls of my room. In science class, as a wee lass, we made our own kites. I remember thinking that my own kite flying experience made me a ringer for "best kite," but my homemade kite couldn't make it out of my hands without dive-bombing the ground. I was crushed

So when Bird for Bread studios posted a blog about Hoffmann's new kite-inspired jewelry designs, I couldn't help but feel a wave of nostalgia and NEED. I love these earrings on Etsy. My birthday isn't for another five months, but now you know...

Check her out on ETSY.

Ways to contact Amanda Hoffmann:

*facebook: www.facebook.com/AmandaHofmannDesigns
*blog: www.birdforbread.com
*website: www.AmandaHofmann.com
*twitter: www.twitter.com/cissyhofmann

No comments: