Monday, March 19, 2012

Kilimanjaro's Ginger Orange Cocktail: Summer is Here!

I know I say this all the time, but it is worth repeating: I have the most amazing friends imaginable.

This weekend I was invited to a dinner party hosted and catered by the folks behind Kilimanjaro Foods. The three-course Ghanaian meal was delicious (although I had to skip the dessert course because it contained mango) and the conversation was delightful. But next to the fantastic company, the highlight of the evening was the ginger-orange pre-meal cocktail. With the weather turning summery oh-so-early this year (I worry that the Mayans had it right, and we might be on a slow cook right up til December then-- pfffth!), I intend to pick up a bottle of Kilimanjaro's Sunrise Ginger Syrup on my next trip to ValueMarket. 

It's always fantastic to find another Kentucky Proud product to add to my "must buy" list. 

Surprisingly, although it has a number of ginger cocktail recipes, the Kilimanjaro website doesn't include the recipe for the orange cocktail. I'm guessing, based on other recipes, but once I make my own, I'll fix this if it's wrong:

Ginger Orange Cocktail
1oz Sunrise Ginger Syrup
2oz Gold rum
4oz Orange Juice
a splash of soda water

Stir and serve over ice.


1 comment:

Beth said...

Yum - now I need to track this down up here, where it's reaching into the 80s tomorrow!

And great, conspiracy-loving minds think alike. I read this post AFTER sending my Mayans-might-be-right text this afternoon.