Thursday, August 4, 2011

48 Hour Film Festival Starts This Friday

I keep saying that some day I'd like to try to get back into theater. Not as a reviewer and blogger, but as an actress, a stage hand, or maybe even as a playwright.  But every year that the 48 Hour Film Festival rolls around, my ambitions shift to wanting to see my mug up on the big screen.


Unfortunately, I won't get home in time to make the 6pm call at the Bard's Town this Friday. That's where filmmakers will hear the three critical elements that each film must include to qualify for the screenings and ultimately the big prizes.  The filmmakers will then have 48 hours (obviously) to complete their films and drop them off by 7:30pm on Sunday.


Louisville registration remains open through Friday August 5th at 6:00 p.m. A few spots still remain. Teams can register online at http://www.48hourfilm.com/louisville until the Kick Off begins at 6:00 p.m.  The website also features the schedule for the weekend and for the screenings-- August 10, 11, & 13 at the Village 8 Theaters.


Maybe next for me? Auteurs, keep me in mind. I personally think I could be silver screen gold. And I can already tell you my best angle. *points to the back of her head*


Here's a link to 28 Feet to Denver, from the Louisville 24 Hour Film Festival 2009.

No comments: