Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Waterfront Wednesday & Steamboat Race

I've been looking forward to this Waterfront Wednesday show since it was first announced.  And I've never even heard of the headliner, Nicole Atkins. I "discovered" Abigail Washburn at Bonnaroo 2008 when she was playing with her exquisite Sparrow Quartet, featuring our own Ben Sollee and her future husband Bela Fleck. I love me a lady with a banjo, and I've been a fan ever since.

Don't forget that Waterfront Wednesday is still relocated to the Big Four Lawn because of the late spring floods.  I didn't mind the venue change all that much last month when we went to see Over the Rhine, but the sound was nowhere near as good as the classic site.

Also, I had totally forgotten that tomorrow is also the rescheduled Kentucky Derby Festival Great Steamboat Race, also a victim of the spring floods.  I know you would've been able to see the race from the classic Waterfront Wednesday site, but I'm not 100% sure about the Big Four Lawn.

Seeing that I will be out of town for July's Waterfront Wednesday, I'm going to really make this one count.  Packing a picnic, going for the whole shebang, and hoping to see a couple of racing steamboats.

No comments: