Saturday, May 21, 2011

Summer To-Do List: Clothes Mentor

It's beginning to look a lot like Summ-er, every-where you go... 

Why have I had Christmas songs in my head all week?  Tonight's carol is better than last night's, which was: Summer is coming, this Lou has gotten fat/Please Lawd let no body else notice that./If you haven't got a diet, some exercise will do./ If you're unwilling to exercise, then God bless you."


Seriously. I know you didn't ask for a glimpse into my odd little noggin, but there you are.

Anyway, summer approaches, and I am working on my summer to-do list. Lest you think I'm an organized, ambitious planner, I just told someone on Twitter that I will make this list tonight and consult it again on August 16 and then sink into a deep depression.  At least, that's how previous years' lists have gone.  Best of intentions... yadda yadda.

But I wanted to share some Louisville things that are on my to-do list.  (If I ever manage to complete a majority of things on my summer to-do lists, I'm gonna start calling them "summer ta-dah! lists.")

So tonight I'll start with: Sell some clothes to Clothes Mentor.

I don't iron.  Like, ever.  I own an iron and a steamer, but not an ironing board.  So I made the decision this year to donate or sell any item of casual summer clothes that doesn't come out of the dryer ready to wear.  I'll still iron or steam the fancy stuff.  But pants, skirts, shirts that come out of the dryer accordion-pleated?  Gone.  I estimate that I have marked 25% of my summer wardrobe for donation or sale.

Good news:  the blog 502 Fashion, brought this info to my attention-- the first women's clothing resale shop is opening up in St. Matthews.  It's called Clothes Mentor, and it differs from a consignment shop because they pay you up front for the clothes. Which I love. I've had some really shady dealings with consignment shops, locally.  See more about Clothes Mentor over at 502 Fashion.  And while you're at it, check out the rest of the blog.  Good, fun stuff.

No comments: